Spring is right around the corner, so why not spruce up your kitchen with some of these cheerful items. Nothing says Springtime like bunnies, flowers, and bright pops of color!
One of my favorite things about the DC area is all the cherry blossoms in spring. Most folks know about the trees around the Tidal Basin, but don’t know that the whole region has a wealth of cherry trees. It’s absolutely stunning seeing the landscape, be it urban, suburban or rural, dotted in pale pink blossoms.
It’s been a long, cold winter. With so much snow around the country many folks are getting downright squirrely. Don’t despair, that snow will melt, the flowers will bloom, and trees will once again be covered in lush green and pale pink. Until then, here are some really cool and cute items I found around the net to give your kitchen a little lift until winter officially releases it’s icy grip.
A few items are from small business owners who I’ve known for years through Etsy. I’ve even personally purchased from some of them, so I know they’ve got great quality stuff. As someone who once went down the small business road herself, it’s nice to lend support to the little guy. Even if you don’t see something here that catches your fancy, maybe this will inspire you to do a little hunting of your own!
In the meantime, I’ll be dreaming of cherry blossoms!
1. Just in time for spring, Williams-Sonoma has this super-cute bunny spatula. Would be a great way to introduce your kids to cooking pancakes. They have a ducky one, too! ($12.95)
2. These retro floral print glass storage bowls from Anthropologie are the perfect way to cheer up your leftovers. ($10.00)
3. Your kitchen will look pretty as a picture with these sunny dishtowels from Wayfair. ($13.99)
4. What could say “Spring is here!” better than this adorable set of flower kitchen tools from Amazon. ($26.00)
5. Show your fridge a little love with these pretty floral magnets from StuckTogetherMagnets on Etsy. ($11.50)
6. Make delicate flower shaped mini-cakes with this flower silicone mold at Amazon. ($3.49)
7. Don’t forget to keep yourself clean while baking with this pretty retro 40’s apron from another Etsy seller, TheFortiesRevisited. ($41.00)
8. Keep track of all your family recipes in this vintage inspired recipe box from Paper Source. It will remind you of you Grandma’s and become a heirloom to pass on to future generations. (34.95)
9. Can’t make Easter cookies without cookie cutters. These ones from Williams-Sonoma are classic shapes and perfect for an afternoon of baking with the kids! ($16.95)
10. Don’t forget to make cleaning up pretty as a Spring afternoon. You can with this handmade glass-fused soap dish by BPR Designs on Etsy. ($16.50)
Hope this list has inspired you to give your kitchen a little makeover for Spring. Nothing like a shot of color to help sweep the winter doldrums away and make cooking more fun!