The weather has been downright nasty for so many the last few weeks, and here in Virginia we finally got a good snowfall this past weekend. Thankfully we were prepared. Along with the requisite bread, milk, and toilet paper, we had enough forethought to get the groceries we needed to make it a a good old fashioned lazy weekend filled with movies, coffee, cocoa, and yummy food. This was our Sunday breakfast, and boy did it hit the spot!
This breakfast ring is perfect for weekends , or even holiday mornings. It’s easy, looks pretty, and has flavors you just can’t go wrong with. Who doesn’t love bacon, egg , and cheese? This breakfast ring delivers all those tasty flavors wrapped in yummy crescent dough. Even though it’s not much work, it’s fancy enough for guests, and satisfying for the whole family. And better still, you can customize it with your own favorite breakfast ingredients – sausage, hashbrowns, onions, mushrooms – stuff it with whatever you like and gobble it down!
Hope you give it a try and let me know if you like it, or if you make any changes and how it turns out. Keep warm, everyone!
1 package of crescent rolls (8 count)
6 eggs, scrambled
8 strips of cooked bacon
1/4 C. shredded cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cook your bacon.*
3. Cook your eggs, just until soft scrambled. You don’t want them fully cooked, they’ll finish in the oven.
4. On an ungreased, unsided baking sheet, arrange your crescent dough in a circle. Making sure to evenly overlap the dough.
5. Place 1 slice of cooked bacon on each piece of dough.
6. Put your scrambled eggs all around the center of the ring.
7. Sprinkle half your cheese on top of the eggs, and fold the corners of the dough into the center of the ring. If your bacon is crispy, you can break the bacon in order to allow the dough to fold completely over the contents of the ring. Top the ring with the remaining cheese.
8. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, until the dough is golden brown. Serve.
* Be sure to check out my tutorial, Makin’ Bacon, for how to cook bacon perfectly every time, and with minimal clean up. You’ll never cook it any other way again!